Thursday, November 4, 2010

Low Balance Threshold


I felt weak on my knees

my heart sat defiantly

directly across from me

sipping tea, apparently

not a care in the world

I asked him about her

he took a massive gulp

he hesitated for a while

and said he didn't know

and that he didn't care

and added with a scowl

that if I cared that much

I should find out myself

I called him a big fat liar

he told me he was sorry

that to make her happy

is like walking on a wire

she had dumped him

and spoke among tears

she's the best thing that

ever happened to me!

He said he was down

that it hurt to see her go

he was wearing a frown

because he grew to love

the very ground she walked on

This story has no writer and no end,

we were born to love each other but instead

I'm asking her: Why can't we be just friends?










Copyright © 2001/2010 Alberto Ruiz. All rights reserved